3rd Workshop on Multimedia Analytics for Societal Trend (MAST) Call for Papers
The 3rd Workshop on Multimedia Analytics for Societal Trend (MAST)
will be held in conjunction with
Seattle, Oct 2020.
Workshop webpage: https://sail.usc.edu/~mica/mast
MAST looks beyond traditional media analysis to focus on the human
factors in media. We believe it is an exciting time for multimedia
researchers to develop novel methodologies, techniques and
applications for human-centered analytics, insight generation, improve
individual and social experience, and understand societal impact of
We invite you to submit original work (4-6 pages) on multimedia
(audio, video, text) related (but not limited) to the following
* Quantifying and analyzing media impact at individual, group and societal level
* Affect in media
* Affect prediction and analysis
* Expressed vs. perceived affect in multimedia
* Therapeutic uses of media forms
* Computational narratology
* Understanding narratives, tropes and character portrayals in the societal context.
* Computational analysis of storytelling
* Interaction among characters in media content
* Algorithms and Methodologies
* Data mining large media corpus
* Semi-supervised and self-supervised learning for media content
* Paper submission: July 30, 2020
* Notification of acceptance : August 26, 2020
Papers can be 4-6 pages with an extra page for references. The
workshop will include poster presentations for submitted papers,
invited talks and panel discussions.
We look forward to your contributions.
Tanaya Guha (on behalf of the organising committee)
University of Warwick, UK