34th British Machine Vision Conference Call for Papers
CFP: 34th British Machine Vision Conference (BMVC)
20th - 24th November 2023, Aberdeen, UK
The British Machine Vision Conference (BMVC) is one of the major
international conferences on computer vision and related areas.
It is organised by the British Machine Vision Association (BMVA).
The 34th BMVC will now be an in-person event from 20th-24th
November 2023. Our local in-person meeting will be held at
P&J Live, Aberdeen, UK.
Authors are invited to submit full-length high-quality papers in
image processing, computer vision, machine learning and related
areas for BMVC 2023. Submitted papers will be refereed on their
originality, presentation, empirical results, and quality of evaluation.
Accepted papers will be included in the conference proceedings published
and DOI-indexed by BMVA. Past proceedings can be found online:
Please note that BMVC is a single-track meeting with oral and poster
presentations. The abstract submission deadline is mid-May 2023, and
the paper submission deadline is at the end of May 2023. Submission
instructions will be available on the BMVC 2023 website:
Submitted papers should not exceed 9 pages (references are excluded, but
appendices are included).
Topics include, but are not limited to:
* 2D object recognition
* 3D computer vision
* 3D object recognition
* Action and behavior recognition
* Adversarial learning, adversarial attack and defense methods
* Biometrics, face, gesture, body pose
* Computational photography
* Datasets and evaluation
* Efficient training and inference methods for networks
* Explainable AI, fairness, accountability, privacy, transparency and ethics in vision
* Image and video retrieval
* Image and video synthesis
* Image classification
* Low-level and physics-based vision
* Machine learning architectures and formulations
* Medical, biological and cell microscopy
* Motion and tracking
* Optimization and learning methods
* Pose estimation
* Representation learning
* Scene analysis and understanding
* Transfer, low-shot, semi- and un- supervised learning
* Video analysis and understanding
* Vision + language, vision + other modalities
* Vision applications and systems, vision for robotics and autonomous vehicles
* "Brave new ideas"
Papers submitted under the "Brave new ideas" subject area are expected to
move away from incremental benchmark gains. Proposed ideas should be
radically different from the current strand of research or propose a novel
Reviewing Process BMVC 2023
Each paper will be reviewed by at least three reviewers. The primary AC will
also provide a meta review, summarizing the points that need to be addressed
during the rebuttal phase.
The authors will have a period to produce a rebuttal to address the reviewers
concerns. Due to the tight schedule, there will be no revision of the papers
before the final camera ready submission.
The rebuttal will be handled by two ACs, a primary and a secondary, who will
facilitate paper discussion and jointly make the recommendations. Conflicts
will be jointly managed by the ACs and Program Chairs that will make the
Please Note: Due the anticipated volume of papers for BMVC 2023 (based on
recent year’s experience) there will be NO extension granted to the
submission deadline. In keeping with conferences in the field (e.g., NeurIPS,
CVPR) and to cope with the increasing number of submissions, we ask that all
authors be prepared to review papers and make use of a compulsory abstract
submission deadline a week before the paper submission deadline. The CMT
submission site will ask authors to acknowledge this commitment and failure
to engage with the reviewing process might be grounds for rejection.
Any queries to the Programme Chairs should be sent to: